Song Breakdowns

Wednesday 28 January 2015

"Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato (Breakdown)

Skyscraper

written by: Toby Gad, Lindy Robbins and Kerli Koiv

About: 
Its the lead single of Lovatos third studio album Unbroken

Meaning: 
For Lovato the song represents everything she was going through during her depressive time.  Its about staying strong. 
"The song was inspired by a picture of the apocalypse, in which the world was in ruins and among collapsed buildings, one skyscraper was still standing...When the song was recorded, Lovato was very emotional which triggered outbursts and caused her to start crying. In November 2010, Lovato entered a treatment facility to deal with her personal struggles. After completing her treatment and leaving the treatment facility in late January 2011, Lovato re-recorded the song, but kept the original recording as she felt it was "symbolic" to her"-Wikipedia 

Opinion:
"Skyscraper" really means a lot to me. The lyrics are really good written and the meaning is amazing. I love the vocals in there. Her voice turns a bit throaty during the chorus and her breathing expresses the whole story.
Its an amazing pop song with great lyrics an amazing story and great vocals.

Lyrics:
 
Skies are crying
I am watching
Catching tear drops in my hands
Only silence has its endings
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like there is nothing left of me.

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I am made of Glass, Like I am made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper.

As the smoke clears I awaken
and untanggle you from me
Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed?
All my windows still are broken but I am standing on my feet.

Go run run run I'm gonna stay right here
Watch you dissapear
yeah oh
Go run run run yeah it's a long way down
but I am closer to the clouds up here.

Thankyou for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment